Our Big Texas Life

Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Favorite Weekends...

For most people, the weekend is a time to relax and be refreshed for the week.  Unfortunately for my husband, its only every other weekend that he gets to relax.  Unless its the holiday season, which means he only gets 1 weekend a month.  I'm not going to lie, it gets pretty old.  BUT, this weekeend is his weekend off, and so far its been one of the best.  We've both made it a priority to simply do whatever we want.  I made fudge and cinnamon rolls in the morning.  Then I read a couple of chapters of my book and watched football with Jordan.  By 6 pm we had 2 couples over to watch football and ate dinner while watching the MU-OU game (in case you haven't noticed, Jordan and I love having company over).  Today I'm going to lay on the couch and read some more, maybe go for a run, and leave the worrying for a weekday.  I've had so many picture moments this weekend that I would love to post here, but my camera is at my parents house.  So, in honor of our fabulous weekend I will leave you with a list of my favorite things to do on the weekend.

10.  Lay on the couch and watch our cats destroy everything we own.
9.  Cheer for the opposite football team that Jordan is (Unless its a Missouri game, then we'll join sides)
8.  Sunday Night Football
7.  Forcing Jordan to take a walk around the lake, then listening to him talk about how much he loves walking around the lake.
6.  Sleeping until 8 am (thats sleeping in for me)
5.  Sit and chat with the girls while the guys "play" soccer on Friday nights
4.  Demonstrating how much of a morning person I am, which drives Jordan crazy
3.  Waking Jordan by singing, "Rise and shine and give God the glory, glory.  Rise and shine and give God the glory, glory. RISE AND SHINE AND GIVE GOD THE GLORY, GLORY. Children of the Lord!"  (He enjoys it a lot as well)
2.  Reading books....lots of books
1.  Waking up early to make dough for cinnamon rolls, the sleeping for the next hour to let it rise, then waking Jordan up with the smell of fresh homemade cinnamon rolls.


Can't wait until next month when we get to do this all over again!

1 comment:

  1. I know what its like to work every other weekend...and how awesome the weekends off together are! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete