Our Big Texas Life

Monday, October 18, 2010

I Hate Running But I Love My Husband

I've been on a bit of a running kick lately.  I really want to get back into shape, so I've decided to set some goals for myself.  Okay, here it is.  I'm announcing it to the world so I can't back down.  April 10th, 2011 I will run a 10K.  I'm pretty sure some of you just started laughing.  Is the idea of me running 6 miles that funny to you? Or are you laughing that I'm planning 6 months in advance?  But for real, pray that I actually follow through with this.

Okay, so my last post was all about how horrible of a person I can be.  Today, I want to focus on what I can do to help my husband.  I've been reading The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartain, and I totally recommend it to any married woman.  Some of her stories seem a little extreme, since Jordan and I aren't on the edge of divorce, but it is some seriously good advise!  Most of us have been told, "Well, just pray about it".  I have to admit that most of the time when someone says that to me I shrug it off  because "of course I'm going to pray that God changes Jordan, he's the one whose wrong here anyway!"  However, after a year of praying that God makes Jordan more sensitive, spend less time at work, and be more eager to sit and talk about our feelings, I can say I haven't seen the results I desired.  The thought that maybe I need to pray that God reveal a way for me to deal with my frustrations instead of changing who He made Jordan to be.  Dos that make sense?  Maybe I need to change before I expect Jordan to.  Anyway, I just wanted to share a list of things that I love and never want to take for granted about my husband.


10.  His chest hair is so thick he could probably shave it and make a rug by braiding it all together. (Have you seen him?!  He's a hairy guy!)
9.  He has a very strong personality, he's not going to change who he is just because you want him to.
8.  He is a fanatic sports fan.  One time I woke up at 1 am to find him on the couch watching some Australian sport that he didn't understand. 
7.  He is my biggest fan.
6.  I know he'll always fight for what he knows to be right.
5.  While the thought of talking about our feelings makes him break out into hives, he's always willing to hear me out
4.  He loves my cooking
3.  His ability to talk about everything and nothing astounds me every day.
2.  I couldn't have asked for a better provider.
1.  He loves the Lord more than anything in the world, which gives me the freedom to trust him and not worry about our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment